Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Is Atlas Shrugging?

Over the past 5 years, I have seen the administration of my place of work transform itself into a mass of petty thieves and imbeciles glued to their "smart"phones. My hospital used to make money,  but now every new patient means more money will be lost. Nearby hospitals closed because they went bankrupt. The state and federal governments enact laws which are revoked almost immediately as they conflict with reality. However, while these laws cannot be applied to those within our government, they are stubbornly glued to the rest of us. Where have all the responsible people who are mindful of the reality around them gone?

In my own tiny world, I have stopped myself from pursuing multiple business ventures, because I just don't feel like doing anything that requires a real time commitment in this screwed up environment. The thoughts still linger in my brain, but I don't want to share them with a group of conniving thieves and braying jackasses. And so I sit on these thoughts, waiting for something.

How many others are there like me? Probably thousands, if not millions.  What's going on in medical industry is also happening in the entertainment industry: just about every movie made over the last 5 years is simply idiotic. These are, or were, the only real industries left in this country.

I will focus the remaining discussion only on the technology sector.  Sure, someone using foreign labor and foreign tech laboratories can still  make an improved portable computer, but there was a time when last year's hardware was so far outdated, that it was promptly turned off and never used again. The laptop I am using now is 4 years old, and it functions no worse than anything rolling off the shelves this year. A desktop I put together 7 years ago, still performs better, responds faster, and remains more reliable than 1,200 dollar, 2013 computers from major brands like Dell and HP. I paid about 1,000 dollars for the components used to build it, in 2006. There is no justifiable reason for me to upgrade.  What have the engineers at NASA done lately? Maybe they are building Qassam rockets for Arabs now?

Lets face it folks, we've fallen into a deep dark pit and all our politicians can think of is digging.  Here is further proof that I am not alone in this rot.



No comments: